The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency proposes 13 sites for the Superfund list, including several for groundwater contamination.
The list is as follows:
- Westside Lead — Atlanta, Georgia
- North 5th Street Groundwater Contamination — Goshen, Indiana
- Lower Neponset River — Boston/Milton, Massachusetts
- Bear Creek Sediments — Sparrows Point, Maryland
- Michner Plating (Mechanic St.) — Jackson, Michigan
- Southeast Hennepin Area Groundwater and Vapor — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Meeker Avenue Plume — Brooklyn, New York
- Bradford Island — Cascade Locks, Oregon
- Ochoa Fertilizer Co. — Guánica, Puerto Rico
- Galey and Lord Plant — Society Hill, South Carolina
- National Fireworks — Cordova, Tennessee
- Unity Auto Mart — Unity, Wisconsin
- Paden City Groundwater — Paden City, West Virginia.